The end of the pregnancy road

So on the last blog post I wrote, I said that I would keep up better. What do you know? I didn't!

So, here I am now.. 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Only 3 days away from my due date! We have been busy getting prepared for our little guy's big arrival! We decided before we ever got pregnant that a home birth is for us. After I showed the positive test to Justin way back in January, we knew that that was still what we wanted. We met with a midwife early in the year from Amarillo and hired her and she has been coming to do prenatal appointments in our home ever since. The pregnancy has been fairly normal with all the fun symptoms: nausea, morning sickness, exhaustion, food aversions, food cravings, leg cramps, body aches and on and on. I have had a few scares with Braxton Hicks contractions (practice contractions) once in March and 2 more times since but that is the only thing that has really been unusual with my pregnancy. I have been through a 9 month long journey of physical and emotional changes and a journey of learning more about myself and my marriage. It has been trying and rewarding all at the same time. Learning to work through feeling of anxiety and excitement and so many other feelings about becoming parents (and a family instead of a married couple) has felt like a crazy roller coaster but a journey that I would definitely take again. Our son should make his appearance any time now and I am so ready to lay eyes on his sweet face for the first time. I can just imagine what his tiny little nose and ears and eyes are going to look like! That's been our life for the past several months and were getting ready for a new chapter and big change in our lives!

On the next blog post, yall will get to meet our son and hopefully see a little bit of the birth! Can't wait to share it!

-Brittany

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scarlett's Unassisted Birth Story + Photos

Silas' Homebirth Video...Finally!

Silas' Homebirth Story